Accounts Payable Manager
Accounts Payable Manager
Expected Start Date: As soon as a suitable candidate is found.
Date Posted: 9/19/2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
Position Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Department: Administrative and Fiscal Affairs
Reports To: Vice President of Administrative and Fiscal Affairs/CFO
The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for accounts payable and related processes and oversees the management, operation, and evolution of the expense and vendor payment functions of the College's financial activity. The manager is responsible for the review, auditing, and processing all invoices received in the department for payment. The Manager provides leadership, guidance, and assistance to in-house staff, the campus community, and outside sources while adhering to core values of integrity, accessibility, quality, timeliness, and positive attitude. This individual will interact with various levels within and outside the college.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for processing all invoices in a timely, accurate, and efficient manner. Researching and resolving exceptional problems associated with invoice payments. This position is also responsible for the updating and monitoring of databases relating to these invoices and the complete, accurate filing of the necessary materials.
- Generate disbursement reports; vendor invoice processing; direct payments processing; urgent bills processing; travel reimbursements processing; balancing and correction of disbursement edit reports; and the maintenance of vendor relations.
- Monitors and schedules payment flow for vendors, and authorizes special payments as needed. Interacts with vendors to resolve payment problems to establish and maintain College credibility in its payment process and abide by contractual obligations. Assists with the ACH payment process.
- Work with vendors from a broad range of industries, responsible for overseeing the timely and accurate disbursement of funds for operations.
- Continuously review and improve the processing procedures to avoid duplicate payments, invoice matching discrepancies, and returned checks; ensure that invoices are processed timely to maximize payment terms.
- Work with staff to implement electronic solutions and workflows that improve the receipt, input, review, and payment of invoices for accuracy, consistent with purchase orders, and reconciliation of vendor statements.
- Participate in month end close, year end and new year processes, and annual audit procedures.
- Serve as an important resource for campus constituents on policy, procedure, and best practices related to the expenditure of resources and appropriate use of funding sources.
- Adhere to college's accounts payable policies and procedures, management internal structure and processes established to pay invoices.
- Maintain accurate and complete vendor files.
- Supervise work study students assigned to assist in the accounts payable area.
- Participate in on-going Jenzabar System training related to the accounts payable module.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledgeable of end-to-end processing requirements for processing invoices and recording payments, including purchase order and non-purchase order accounts payable processing.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities with minimal supervision as well as work as part of the team. Ability and willingness to work weekends, evenings and other non-traditional schedules during peak times as needed.
- Excellent communication (written, verbal and presentation) skills. Sound organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships. Diplomacy, tact, and discretion are essential.
Education and Experience
- Associate's degree from a college or university in accounting, finance, business administration or management or related field, minimum 3-4 years of experience in a similar position in the Controller/Business Office, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university in accounting, finance, business administration or management or related field, minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position in the Controller/Business Office, preferably in a non-profit organization.
Complete an Application for Employment online. Faculty positions may still require applicants to mail transcripts and other documents. See application for details.
For questions regarding this posting contact:
Office of Human Resources
Paine College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Educational Opportunity Institution.